Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Peek into Me

There are times I wish that I had truly been diagnosed with OCD because I think I suffer from it - big time. Now, I don't mean I wash my hands over and over or need things in their proper order, but those that know me know I have a tendency to start a project and become very obsessed. I make list - constantly. I check items off and re-do the list. I write myself emails as a reminder of things I want to accomplish and then feel proud when I can put those emails into the DELETED file. I toss and turn in bed as more 'to-dos' pop up in my head. It can be about my job, my writing, my health, my weight, planning vacations - you name it: I can obsess over it. But there are those people in my life that have taken what some may think as a negative character trait and called me 'driven', "motivated', and 'energetic'. And when it comes down to it, I suppose I wouldn't want to be any other way. I'm glad I was told at an early age to really GO FOR IT. (But if those items that feel the need to get on my check list want to a take a rest during the night, I'll be fine with that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment