Sunday, May 1, 2011

D.I.Y.

Let me just say that I love watching HGTV, but I am not one to take on those home projects. D.I.Y. stands for "Dial Interior-Decorator, Yes?" in this house. So when my other half said we needed to paint the living room wall before our new sofa arrived, I didn't think it was going to make for a good Sunday afternoon. But I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. We added two coats of the white primer, than the sand color and I'm sitting watching it dry rather nicely. (Insert joke about watching paint dry here.) 
Red Wall Be Gone!
Now I don't think we'll be rushing out and getting frequent flyer points at Home Depot anytime soon, but I am pleased this project is just about done. And once that sofa arrives, we can rearrange the room to make the mammoth thing fit. (That part will be easy compared to a day of painting.)

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! It all starts with a coat of paint, then you find yourself tearing down sheetrock...

    ReplyDelete