Thursday, September 1, 2011

Juggling the Countdown

I'm six weeks away from the release of my novel Well With My Soul and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't busting with excitement. There is so much for authors to think about as they lead up to the day. Working tirelessly to see if any Indie stores will actually carry the book - think about it: there are tons of books and very few see life on a shelf. Attempting to line-up readings and signings at any place someone will let you appear and talk about your baby. Working on the release party (mine will be at the historic Stonewall Inn in NYC and I'm pretty pumped about that). Working the internet for interviews and reviews with bloggers (who truly distribute so much information to people during this day and age...they are the direct link to readers). Checking in with your publicist to see what else you can do, but hoping you are not becoming a huge PITA as you attempt to offer your services. Surprised beyond belief that almost 700 people signed up to get a free advanced copy of your book on goodreads.com, but knowing only THREE people get it and really hope the others will still want to purchase it. Sending out emails to reading groups asking them to add your book to their list of 'to reads.' Dropping off bookmarks at any place that will let you leave a few. Telling your friends to tell their friends and so on and so on. I know there is still so much more to do - but I'm truly enjoying the journey of the 'baby' and want to be able to soak it all in. (Thanks to my blog readers who are taking the trip with me! You are all so important to the success of the book!!)   

No comments:

Post a Comment