Monday, November 28, 2011

Children's Book on Autism


Voting has begun! The wonderful eBook publisher MeeGenius (publisher of great children's books) has started their challenge to find the next children's author. I mentioned in a blog two months ago that I had entered "Chicken Boy: The Amazing Adventures of a Super Hero with Autism" as a tribute to my godson Gabe who was diagnosed with autism when he was very young. His sister Natalie and I formed this story based on Gabe and wanted to share a book for kids - about a kid - told through the perspective of one very special boy that could let people into his 'world' in a different way.

Gabe Watching the Circus
Now we need the help of everyone to get the word out about the book. Voting for round 1 will continue until December 18th. Please click HERE and click the LIKE button to vote. (It seems as if you have to be connected to facebook in order to vote.) We can't wait to see what comes of this book and just hope to make it to the Finalist Round with YOUR help! (The finalist round will be January 31-February 21, 2012 and a winner will be announced by March 7.)

Autism is nothing to be afraid of and we hope with this book to encourage other children to not be fearful of that child in their class that may seem a little different than they are. Children with autism are just like every other kid. They want to play. They have incredible imaginations. They enjoy bugs, snakes, the children's museum, the circus, horseback riding, the beach...they just show their enjoyment in a different way. (And my little guy loves to wrestle with Greggy every Wednesday night after we return from our dinner at Friday's: chicken fingers, fries, ketchup and red velvet cake.) 

And they can get to you like no one's business! When Gabe reaches over and grabs my hand to walk into the restaurant - my heart melts!   

Thanks for voting! Natalie and I definitely thank you and I'm sure Gabe would thank you too!


2 comments:

  1. I loved the story Greg ~ and cast my "Like" vote already! Best of luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete