Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Birthday Wish

It's happening again.

That excited feeling in the pit of my stomach as the release date for my 2nd novel nears. Like my first, I feel as if I've been working on Patchwork of Me for years (because I have). It started out a few years ago in November with the yearly National Write a Novel in A Month challenge. That story grew and morphed and finally became something slightly different from what I had originally planned...but something I'm very proud of with the elements of a mystery, a story told through the voice of a female, and family that we 'create' with those around us. 

And then there is the fear that people may not 'get' that Greg is always going to be switching what he writes. I'm not going to always tell gay stories (because of Well With My Soul) or stories of death and addiction (because of Proud Pants) - but will be trying new things and telling the stories of characters that suck me in.

With Patchwork, it is about Sara Butler - a product of the foster care system who spends her early thirties hiding from her past while striving for a normal life with her small group of quirky friends in Arizona. (Yes, I got a few gay friends in there because I love that relationship that gay men and women can often have.)  Seeking treatment for an invisible rash and abnormal dreams, her therapist helps her unlock a heinous past that she is unsure she wants to open. (I loved reaching into this dark place to patch together this past.) And then we have a road trip: where friends travel together, learn about one another and Sara can confront her past in Maine in order to plan for a future.

And so it's here. Just a few days. On my birthday (Sunday 4/15) to be exact.

So what does Greg want for his birthday this year? Just to see my book climb up the charts on Amazon. If everyone I know that plans on picking up a copy of this book could hit Amazon all on the same day - it would cause this book to soar (and how happy would THAT make the birthday boy??)!

Patchwork on Amazon  Kindle version


A few reviews:












8 comments:

  1. Patchwork of Me sounds awesome! Can't wait to read it (and buy it, of course)!

    And if I don't talk to you before Sunday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW - I'm at Well Read on Sat, April 28th at 6:30 pm with this book.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Greg :-) Always thoughtful :-)

    Patchwork IS awesome!!! You know what they say... 'life is like a box of chocolate'? Well.. with Patchwork (and any other of Greg's books), you don't know what you're getting yourself into, you just keep turning page after page, allowing the story to take you on a journey of discovery. Truth is, you really can't put down the book. Good thing is, you finish the read wanting more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic book trailer, btw! Goes with a fantastic book. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic news, Gregory! I'm sure it'll be a hit with readers. And happy birthday, by the way. So, you're, 29, right?? *wink* Hey, if women can lie about their age, so can we. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Sean! And yes...holding on to 29!!

    ReplyDelete