Sunday, April 22, 2012

Chicken Boy Flies into Print


I honestly believe if we put our minds to it, we can move mountains. Maybe that comes from my week in Sedona - getting in touch with that spiritual side the way they do out there...but what was simply a story on a napkin last summer can now be purchased as a 32 page children's picture book.

That's the road of Chicken Boy: The Amazing Adventures of a Super Hero with Autism. Those that follow this blog know the history of this story. How I entered it into a contest last fall. How the public voted and turned it into an award-winning book with MeeGenius. (To whom I am grateful for the contest which allowed me a platform to share the word on this book.) How my godson became a hero at his elementary school when MeeGenius went there a few weeks ago and donated a library worth of books from their collection. 

MeeGenius at Radcliffe Elementary

And now, the book is available in print from ASD Publishing. Though ASD has not published children's books before, this fit into their mission of personal growth. I was able to use the prize money from MeeGenius to pay the illustrator and book designers to convert the 20 page eBook into a standard 32 page paperback so that those who wished to have the book in print could do just that.

I am so excited about this next leg of the journey. So many people are already enjoying it as an eBook on the MeeGenius platform and now if people wish to order it online, they can get it from ASD or from one of their favorite online bookstores such as Amazon or Barnes & Noble

Please share the word. Autism Awareness month may be ending on April 30th, but there is no reason we can't make ourselves aware every day. And if this book gives a small glimpse into that world of one child (particular my godson) - I'm happy I could bring a little attention to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment