Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Don't You Hate When...

That's right. One of my random blogs about something that chaps my rear!

First, I'll start with saying...I love reality competitions. There I said it. I watch so many of them and find myself pulling for my favorites. From Survivor to the new Cake Boss competition - there is something great about sitting back and watching them. For me, it is mindless TV that I can watch during an afternoon on a weekend. No involvement in a story line. And most times on a weekend, they run several back to back on Bravo or the Food Network.

But there is something that completely bugs me and Food Network is the worst offender. (Are you listening powers that be over at that network?)

If you want people to watch your shows, stop showing the commercial for the next 'new' show in the middle of the re-run. That commercial is going to show who is left on the show and ruin the 'who is going home at the end of this episode' excitement I have watching the marathon.

I know, I know. In the greater scheme of all that is happening in the world, this shouldn't bother me at all. But it does. It just seems like bad marketing. They think they are getting you to tune in to the new one in prime time. But what they are really doing is messing up the thrill of the competition for those that haven't seen it yet.

So Food Network...you give us great shows, but while I'm watching The Next Iron Chef: Redemption, stop showing me who is on the next episode. Thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment