Monday, December 3, 2012

Holiday Shopping for Readers



Chanukkah starts next weekend and so I thought it was a great time to do a ‘self-serving’ blog about some book gift ideas. Actually, my book coming out in 2013 has Chanukkah as the setting in one of the chapters – but for now, take a gander at the list below for some one stop book shopping ideas for the holidays!

Greg Allen’s Adverse & Diverse Stories!

My brother: Greg in back
Proud Pants is the novella about my older brother who passed away. Stop right there! I know you’re saying “how depressing for holidays”, but actually it is a love letter to my mom (his step mom) and there “is” some mention of Christmas in the book.

Okay. So Well with My Soul doesn’t really cover any holidays, but there is a lot (A LOT) of partying in it! And once again – it is about family. How two brothers can be soooo different as they grow up. And it’s topical (though set in the 70s-90s). It deals with the issue of ‘praying away the gay’.

Quilt my grandma made me
Over 25 years old
If you want a book that is going to plop you right in the middle of Christmas…complete with snow in Maine and all the trimmings – Patchwork of Me is for YOU! (It actually covers several fall holidays), but this award-winning story of a woman's self discover is a great holiday read!

If you want a book for children of all ages…don’t miss out on Chicken Boy: The Amazing Adventures of a Super Hero with Autism! The MeeGenius People's Choice Winner (and Reader's Favorite Winner for preschool) is a wonderful gift for children to learn not to fear someone just because they are different.

And since I mentioned it – my next book will be out in 2013 and it is called Cool Side of the Pillow – very excited about people reading this one. Different’ voice’ for me to tell a story and I get to pull from my early years of children’s theater…plus create a lovable zany character that people will want in their own lives! Here is a blurb on it:

Zachery Kleinmann lives in the elite world of New Canaan, Connecticut and has left his accounting job four years earlier to be a modern stay-at-home father. But as his son is starting pre-school, his wife is passionately involved in her own career, and Zach is knocking on forty years old, he begins to wonder how he will find his own serenity and define himself moving forward.  Enter Ginger Charman, an eccentric, free living actress who has dedicated her life to bringing joy to children and keeping all those around her young at heart. As Zach is pulled into her world and discovers secrets about his new friend, he is not sure he'll ever be able to leave the rabbit hole once he has fallen through - or if he'll even want to venture outside of it again.

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment