Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Looking Back as Moving Forward

I don't make resolutions. I find that the moment I make one, I just as quickly walk away from it. So instead I am thinking back on 2012 and what was accomplished.

As an author, I couldn't be happier with my year. Two books came out in this year and my children's book caused me to take on advocacy in a way I never expected.

I took on writing articles, reviews, blogs for Broadway World and Huffington Post: both of which keep my mind going as a writer.

I've met some wonderful people because of social media and have found wonderful support in them as I traverse the world of an indie writer attempting to market books.

I returned to the stage for the first time in four years and loved challenging myself in that way.

I continued my love of travel this year with Sedona,  Punta Cana, Cape Cod, Maine: all of which were full of wonderful moments with those that I love.

Yes - this blog is often about my weight and while the scales traveled the wrong way this year, I refuse to make some resolution about it in 2013. Instead, I'll just continue to make that a never ending quest.

And for 2013?? Continuing on this artistic journey I've been on. Doing some more travel. Living my life and loving it.

Speaking of: My 2013 novel Cool Side of the Pillow is now listed on Goodreads "Anticipated Reads for 2013" list. It's around #240 on page 3 and needs some more votes. It's easy if you have a Goodreads account. Just click on the VOTE FOR THIS BOOK link under the title.

Thanks so much and happy new year to you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment