Friday, February 8, 2013

A Writer Who Tells it Like It Is

There are writers we are drawn to for one reason or another. We like their style, the voice they write in, the way they make us smack ourselves in stupidity.

Scott Morgan is one of those writers for me.

I've talked about him before on my blog as one of the first people I ever met on social media. And then we met face-to-face at a conference in New York and we really hit it off. He comes off in person as quiet and reserved, but the man takes a no-holds-barred approach to the books that he writes on the art of writing. Scott has been a writer for years, started his own business that offers many services for this field, and shares his knowledge with those that connect with him. There are so many 'how to' books on the market and many times we have to weed through them to see what makes the most sense to us. I've read many of them and honestly at times - I get bored.

But Scott actually has me laughing as I read his work. From his Character Development book to his latest How to be a Whiny Beeyotch, he makes us view the writing world through his fresh eyes. Those dark, demented eyes! :-) His style isn't for the squeamish or those that have a problem with cursing. This isn't your grandmother holding your hand through the process of writing: this is a no-nonsense approach to letting go of those excuses of why you SHOULDN'T be writing! With a good back-hand to accompany the lesson. Through his humor and awesome style, he cuts through the crap and tells you to WRITE!

Scott is Rock star that curses like a ball player and makes you say "Duh, why didn't I think of that?" He has 71 writing excuses (I'm egotistical enough to think I'm the person he speaks of in #44) and many are things you've either heard others say or have used yourself as an excuse not to write. I honestly can't recommend this book enough! After being verbally berated by this best selling author and self made writing guru, you may just walk away writing the best book of your own budding career. 

How to be a Whiny Beeyotch - 71 Writing Excuses Meet The Back of My Hand is available in eBook and print. See more information here





  

2 comments: