Thursday, March 28, 2013

Civility on Social Media

So the U.S. went through two days of what could be historical marriage equality cases in the supreme court. Now we sit and wait to see what decisions have been made. Everyone has their own personal opinions around the topic (and I think we all know where I stand on the issues). However, I just have to say this:

It was amazing to see social media light up the way that it did and not see major political discussions taking place.

Perhaps I was in a vacuum in my social world, but I never saw any heated discussions happening (as I had last November prior to elections). There was a beautiful out pouring of support or quiet protest: whichever it was - I found it inspiring. People rallied and shared photos and painted Facebook red and for those that do not agree with it (at least those in my news feed), they kept those opinions to themselves.




I did hear and read of a few people here and there that lost 'friends' due to their opinions on the case and I'm sorry that it came to that for those people.

But as for me and my house...it was great to see such love. 

Thank  you to those I follow and that follow me. Support is a wonderful thing. Kindness is a gift. And perhaps someday...well, we'll just leave it at that for now.

Peace & Love.





No comments:

Post a Comment