Friday, September 6, 2013

Observations on Back to School


The past two weeks have seen the start of school for so many students and teachers. I loved seeing all of the 'first day of school' photos that filled my Facebook feed. It got me thinking about school and learning and the lessons that I've learned or life observations. Thought I'd share a few in no particular order.

  • My parents would tell me about things that would happen to me when I grew up, but what kid wants to listen? Now as I'm older - I see them happening. (And no, I'm not talking about my face freezing that way.)
  • I used to love spicy food. Mexican was my favorite. Now my body rejects it. Can we say Nexium?
  • Speaking of food...when did raw tomatoes decide they were no longer a friend to my mouth and tongue?
  • I don't believe I've ever used geometry or chemistry in my adult life. So glad I had to go through those classes in high school.
  • Drink your milk! Enjoy it when your younger and your parents tell you to 'drink up'. Now in my 40s, I've switched to soy.
  • Women can use 'the change' for hot flashes and sweating...what am I supposed to use when I'm the only one in the room dying from the heat?
  • I was never a kid that wore glasses. Now I have to grab them to read anything small in front of my face. I can't even see a text message on my iPhone. My eyes are going and my spouse's hearing is fading. Guess I'll be his ears and he'll be my eyes in old age.
  • I was always a skinny kid. Then once I hit adulthood - BOOM! I blew up like Violet in Willy Wonka. I know the diet, gym, etc to get it under control - but one thing I notice: it seems to be all my single friends on Facebook talking about going to the gym. Do I need to end my relationship to want to work out?
  • Gravity is real. Just ask my body.

Feel free to add to the list! Leave me your own observations in the comments below and happy - back to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment