Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Trump Is No Laughing Matter

It's no longer funny.

What seemed like a reality TV stunt for ratings snowballed into the presumptive nominee for the Republican Party. Everyone is now trying to get their head around how this happened, but I saw it happening last July when I first blogged about it. The other candidates seemed frightened of Trump. The media loved the ratings they got from showing him. He got more publicity than any other candidate and now we're all paying the price.

I'm sad, mortified, heartbroken that some people I love and care about support him as our president. I can even (gulp) deal with them enjoying him as a TV personality or admiring him as a business man - but I can NOT support him as the leader of the free world.

In less than a year, he has managed to undo so much in our country, dividing us, and it will only get worse if he moves into The White House. I completely understand people upset with politicians and believing someone else could do a better job, but that person has to be qualified. I wouldn't call an electrician to my house because my pipes broke! Everyone seems to think he'll be great for the economy because he's a business man. Well, as a business man he profited over the collapse of our economy. And he does not support keeping the rules and regulations in place to stop it from happening again...because that's when businessmen swoop in and make a killing. Look, that's what business is all about, but I don't believe we need a man as our president who knowingly wants the economy to fail. Trumponomics is not a good thing.

Many people love that he speaks his mind - yes, he does. Like a blathering idiot. The man has no filter and will piss off any foreign dignitary he may be dining with. This frightens me to have a loose cannon saying whatever he feels. Perhaps it works in his boardroom, but not in the oval office. At first I had a tough time believing he was really as vile as he comes across. I thought it had to be an act. But he has managed to offend nationalities, disabilities, genders - he doesn't care what comes out of his mouth. This is not someone you want children admiring. American children are the future and need a good role model. I've already heard from teachers that children are emulating this bully in schools and it's not ending well. If you're Mexican or Muslim, be prepared to be pointed at and teased. If you have a disability, you're not immune to his callous behavior.

As he moves towards a general election he STILL hasn't made it about issues. He can't debate or have a campaign on issues because he doesn't know where he stands. Is he a Republican or Democrat? Depends on which way the wind is blowing his hair! He clobbered his way through the primaries by attacking his opponents like a dog, yet NEVER made it about issues - only name-calling and bullying. He's still doing it now with anyone that opposes him. Candidates, congress people, media - he will attack and attack. He loves to call others liars, yet he is the master at it. (I get it, it's part of his ammo - but how can you trust him?) He only gave the 1 million to the veterans NOW because he was called out on it. But has a way to spin it on social media so that his supporters will rally around him like he is the great orange savior that is going to actually DO something for the middle class. He can't even comprehend what that is....middle class OR class.

I can NOT endorse Donald Trump as my president. I can NOT understand those that can. I know I will hear that the Democrats don't have any good choices either, but I tell you - I would take either of them over this sick man that only cares about building up his own name. (Hence the name is everywhere.) I don't believe he cares about America. And though Sanders and Clinton may both have faults of their own, I will jump behind either to take down this horrible man who should stick to building golf courses and hotels and leave the American people alone.

Wake up, America - he doesn't care anything about you.

    

2 comments:

  1. Andrea J. SchedelMay 30, 2016 at 4:18 AM

    Amen! Thank you for your bravery here. I am shocked at the number of people I KNOW who support him and allow his venom to infect their minds. It terrifies me how easily even people I considered intellegent, rational human beings turn to madness and support him with no real arguments at all, just hate. He makes me ashamed to be an American. He is what the world believes we are. If he wins, I'm moving to Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Andrea. It's a scary time for our country.

      Delete